NOTE: These materials are now obsolete since Google has deprecated its Python 2.5 environment and forced upgrades to the high replication data store. There are currently no plans to upgrade the book at this time. I am leaving these materials up as an archive. -- ChuckThese are supporting materials for the O'Reilly book titled Using Google App Engine. This book is aimed at people who want to gain skill in web programming in general and the Google App Engine. The book has been used to support many beginning web programming courses.
- Installing Google App Engine
- You can download the Sample Applications from the book to use as guidance for your projects.
- Chapter 1 - Programming on the Web (Slides, Printable Slides, Lecture Audio)
- Chapter 2 - HTML and CSS
- Chapter 3 - Python (Slides, Printable Slides, Lecture Audio Part 1, Lecture Audio Part 2)
- Chapter 4 - Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP) (Slides, Printable Slides, Lecture Audio Part 1, Lecture Audio Part 2)
- Chapter 5 - Web Applications and Python Objects
- Chapter 6 - Templates
- Chapter 7 - Cookies and Session
- Chapter 8 - Datastore
- Chapter 10 - Going into Production (Slides, Printable Slides, Lecture Audio)
- Chapter 11: Simple Session Implementation: (Utility Code and Documentation)
If you are an instructor interested in using the book, please contact the author for an up-to-date copy of the course materials.